When I first saw the tweet from George's account that said he died, my first was
what a sick joke. Then I wondered if one of the other CT lads had gotten ahold
of his phone and tweeted from it (sorry Colm, you were my first thought). Didn't
hear anything official for about an hour even though I had been seeing countless
posts on Facebook. I guess I didn't want to believe it. I kept telling people not to panic until we heard something from Celtic Thunder.
Then, I saw Sharon's post and my heart stopped. George, our beloved Scot was
gone, at 46. Shock, unimaginable grief for a person I never met yet somehow felt
like I knew. How could he be gone? He's only 46. A 46 year old doesn't drop dead
from a heart attack.
So many thoughts have gone through my head since then. Sorrow for Carrie and
Sarah, don't know how they are doing it. I just can't imagine. And then there's
George's Celtic Thunder family, Ryan, Neil, (and just started typing Geo... Is
this really real? He's really gone? I thought I was done crying) Keith, Colm,
Emmet, Paul, Damian, and the band and the behind the scenes crew. They were all
part of his family. Oh, who am I kidding, with all the tweets, chats, FB posts,
etc we all feel like we are part of this huge extended family that George called Celtic ThunderLand.
6 days later and it still seems like a bad dream. I keep waiting to wake up from
this nightmare. Keep checking Facebook and Twitter waiting to see a tweet from
someone saying "Jokes on you, George is still alive" but I know that's not going
to happen. He is gone. George is gone...
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
This can't be real
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment