From the owner of Kelly's Krew FB page:
A day since we heard the news & it's still as unreal today as it was yesterday..I've seen beautiful tributes & people just sharing memories & being there for one another. That is what I love about this family we all have, this Celtic Thunderland, is that we share the happy moments & the heartbreaks. This is one of, if not THE, worst moments in my years as a fan & one that will, like losing my parents, change me in a lot of ways. I'm more grateful for the people in my life & all they bring to it. This was the words I chose for the back of my mother's memorial card last year & I think it fits our George as well, I hope you agree.
I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when my life is done
I'd like to leave an echo down the ways, of happy times and
laughing times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun.
Of happy memories that I leave.
When my life is done.
Our lives will forever be richer for having known that man from Glasgow, we will have his music & his smile & happiness at doing what he loved whenever we watch a DVD, that will be our light in the darkness of loss.
The flag catches the breeze tonight as it flies at half mast, the Irish harp on the bow is covered in the black of mourning & the Krew quietly thinks of our Kaptain, his brothers &all who loved George, including ourselves & a line from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean comes to my mind. The world is a little less bright
I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when my life is done
I'd like to leave an echo down the ways, of happy times and
laughing times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun.
Of happy memories that I leave.
When my life is done.
Our lives will forever be richer for having known that man from Glasgow, we will have his music & his smile & happiness at doing what he loved whenever we watch a DVD, that will be our light in the darkness of loss.
The flag catches the breeze tonight as it flies at half mast, the Irish harp on the bow is covered in the black of mourning & the Krew quietly thinks of our Kaptain, his brothers &all who loved George, including ourselves & a line from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean comes to my mind. The world is a little less bright
(also kelly's Krew) what words can be said after such devastating news we've gotten today? Celtic Thunder Land, as the man called it, wears the black of mourning tonight, our curtains are drawn, we talk quietly together & share our memories of a man who brought such joy & love of life into ours. George Donaldson, our great Scot, is gone. He's left those who love him to the place we all hope to see one day & what are my thoughts? Sorrow for his family but mostly for Carolyn & for his Sarah. The daughter he was so proud of & shared all her musical successes with us, I know the feeling of losing a father you adore & my heart breaks for what she's feeling.
I have a lot of memories of meeting George, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be in Philadelphia when he signed my guitar & even after telling him "don't play it" he gave me that grin, strummed it & cringed at how out of tune it was. when someone said let's have a singalong, he said we could if Aria's guitar was in tune. The man was never anything but kind & friendly whenever our paths crossed & sharing the same birthplace as my own father, when he spoke it was like hearing Dad back again. I think it would be nice if we all shared our memories of George here under this post, a way to share laughter & help one another shoulder the pain we feel at his loss. Tonight will have two quotes, the first came at the death of James Dean, while not quite the same it was also a sudden passing.
"I liken it to a kind of star or comet that fell through the sky and everybody still talks about it. They say "Ah, remember the night when you saw that shooting star?"
George has now become our shooting star, he blazed through our lives for such a short time but what a trail of memories he leaves behind.
My heart's in the highlands, my heart's not here. My heart's in the Highlands, a chasing the deer, a chasing the wild deer, a following the doe. My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.
Tonight, the flag of the S.S. Kelly flies at half mast & her Krew grieves for the loss of the man her Kaptain called brother & for the wife, daughter, family, friends & us that he leaves behind. You will never be forgotten, Big Man, your music, your laughter & your memory will live on with us, I can almost hear you playing guitar for the angels, George so I won't say goodbye...I will say Night Night, God Bless. *Aria*
I have a lot of memories of meeting George, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be in Philadelphia when he signed my guitar & even after telling him "don't play it" he gave me that grin, strummed it & cringed at how out of tune it was. when someone said let's have a singalong, he said we could if Aria's guitar was in tune. The man was never anything but kind & friendly whenever our paths crossed & sharing the same birthplace as my own father, when he spoke it was like hearing Dad back again. I think it would be nice if we all shared our memories of George here under this post, a way to share laughter & help one another shoulder the pain we feel at his loss. Tonight will have two quotes, the first came at the death of James Dean, while not quite the same it was also a sudden passing.
"I liken it to a kind of star or comet that fell through the sky and everybody still talks about it. They say "Ah, remember the night when you saw that shooting star?"
George has now become our shooting star, he blazed through our lives for such a short time but what a trail of memories he leaves behind.
My heart's in the highlands, my heart's not here. My heart's in the Highlands, a chasing the deer, a chasing the wild deer, a following the doe. My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.
Tonight, the flag of the S.S. Kelly flies at half mast & her Krew grieves for the loss of the man her Kaptain called brother & for the wife, daughter, family, friends & us that he leaves behind. You will never be forgotten, Big Man, your music, your laughter & your memory will live on with us, I can almost hear you playing guitar for the angels, George so I won't say goodbye...I will say Night Night, God Bless. *Aria*
No comments:
Post a Comment