Friday, March 14, 2014

From Christie Jehling

Dear George,
I've written many letters in my lifetime. I enjoy writing letters...but this is one I'm so very sad to be composing. They told me yesterday that you have gone home to God. I really had a hard time believing it. "Not George! No, not George!" I kept repeating that over and over in my mind. This HAS to be some cruel hoax by a sadistic hacker, it MUST! But, no... you are truly gone.

It's no big secret I'm know as "Ryan's." I'm his admin, one of his strongest Angels...what everyone doesn't know is that we were buddies, too, weren't we, George? You were the first guy to see the boys at that concert in 2009. You laughed and pointed and waved and thrilled Jacob and Cameron to no end! And they thrilled you, too. It was the start of a "Grand Affair" for us all! I'm so blessed we were able to get to know you. From standing in the rain because you wouldn't leave until we were all properly hugged good-bye, to your first meeting with "Brrrrrrrynna" (ha, you are still the only one that gets her name right), to shopping in Jamaica for the kids, I'm one of the very, very lucky people to have made memories with you...even if you were stalking me.

Jacob and Cameron are sad and trying to understand. We are going out to eat curry for you tomorrow night. Cameron thought you'd like that. You were such a great role model for them and they loved you, still love you... always will. We will watch "Heritage" and treasure your smile in "Steal Away." We are crushed we won't be seeing you after all this summer, but, know we will keep you and your music with us forever. I keep my promises, George, and I know you wanted more than anything to keep yours. I understand.

I know you are probably most worried about Carrie and Sarah right now. I can't begin to understand how they must feel. But, George, know this, you have an amazing family and group of friends. You have impeccable Celtic Thunder brothers. You have tireless fans. From the most casual acquaintance to the closest friend, your girls are surrounded with prayers and so much love. Don't fear, we won't abandon them. You gave so much of yourself to us, we will not let them face this alone. Have faith that the love you gave is being returned ten-fold to them!

I will miss you so much, Big Guy. I'll miss our talks about parenting, music and rolling our eyes at Ryan (sorry, RK ). I'll miss watching you perform and laugh and hug and smile and...well, everything. I hope you are watching from above and can rest knowing your life mattered, you made a difference...to us all.

My love always,
Christie xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment