"A Poem for Big George"
with a heavy heart,
we mourn a loving man,
yet the tears are gone:
they fell through our hands –
for us to grieve and for us to share
our memories with his many fans.
I know the details, they might sound absurd,
but he kept us hanging on every word,
and the world’s a better place because he lived.
How I’m sure he’d want his legacy
to be filled with laughter,
smiles, joy and good beer…
and his happiness of living life
without a troubling kind of fear
would be etched inside our souls forevermore_
with every heartbeat, I am blessed to find
how much he impacted my life in kind,
and I’ll never let that passion fade away
with the love and gentleness he shared
in his music and his visions clear,
he was a troubadour who had lived and cared
and achieved his dreams with crafted flair,
but the gods had thrown his final dice
and took some morning sunshine away.
No comments:
Post a Comment