George Donaldson: Our Blue-Eyed Scottish Troubadour
Scotland’s treasure trove
of undeniable talent
hailed from the city of Glasgow,
telling stories with his beautiful deep sound:
he reached all corners of a Celtic Thunder nation,
balladeering into hearts and souls…
never before have I known the pain and sudden sorrow
of an unexpected loss of such talent and such fame__
he revived my spirit, my passions, my joy,
the confidence I once thought I had lost.
The vibrancy that pulsed thorough his veins
and the love that he held in his heart –
the genuine composure of this man:
we all knew and loved him for who he was.
A massive heart attack may have come to claim him
and his young 46 years of age,
but to all he had graced
with his music as big as his hugs,
George Donaldson was and always will be loved…
as our blue-eyed Scottish troubadour.
No comments:
Post a Comment